What is TriWatch®?
TriWatch ® is an intelligence monitoring service that indexes three distinct sources of information on the web to keep clients informed on potential security risks. The three sources include the open web (websites, online news), social media (blogs, Facebook), and the dark web (sites that are intentionally hidden).
The open web is the public side of the web that is readily available for everyone to view. This fact alone makes it critical to monitor for private or sensitive information.
On one hand, social media has given people a place to meet, share, connect, and converse, but on the other hand, it can be a platform to post frustrations, air grievances, and even make threats. People post anything and everything on social media, including information about themselves, who they’re with, what they’re doing, and what they plan to do. This type of information can help corporate security groups in an expanding variety of ways including loss prevention, asset security, and threat assessment.
The dark web is a part of the worldwide web that is not indexed by normal internet browsers and is intentionally hidden, requiring a special software to gain access. Even in the dark web, some sites are encrypted and effectively hidden in that they can only be accessed if you know the exact address of the site. Because of the dark web’s near anonymity, it’s a hotbed for special markets called “darknet markets” frequently used by pedophile groups, terrorists, and criminals to keep their dealings secret.
How TriWatch® Works:
A TriWatch® specialist will conduct an interview with the client to determine what assets they want to protect, then gathers key identifying information from them (like names, identifying numbers, family member names, and social media accounts). Our specialists turn this information into standing queries that are run against social media, open web, and dark web information using a set of tools applicable to the medium. A TriWatch ® specialist analyzes the results of the queries using context to determine if there is a credible, imminent, or emergent threat. This intelligence is then delivered to the client in an email, barring an imminent threat, which would be addressed immediately.
- An organization determines it needs to mediate risk for its CEO.
- A TriWatch Specialist meets with representatives from the organization to determine what key identifying information should be monitored for threats and exposure.
- A TriWatch Specialist turns the key identifying information into standing queries and runs them against social media, open web, and dark web information.
- TriWatch flags an occurence of the CEO’s social security number on the dark web.
- The TriWatch Specialist evaluates to ensure the sequence exists as the social security number and not something else, such as in a plane ticket.
- The client receives notification citing the occurrence and relevant context.
TriCorps’ operational team, comprised of technologists and career law enforcement officers, uniquely positions us to respond to potential and imminent threats both on the web and on the ground. We are able to assist clients with any investigation, threat assessment, or security that may become necessary. If you are interested in speaking to one of our specialists about TriWatch ® services, call us at 405.621.9006 or email us at email@example.com.